Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My brain surprises me sometimes!!

This is awesome. A friend was pondering the question..."Why do I refuse to let go of things that I KNOW are not best, when I know God has promised something better for me?" My answer has to do with synaptic clefts. OBVIOUSLY!!


Here is how nerves work. They are not continuous stands of nerve cells that run from the source of stimuli to the receptor site that will carry out a response. Oh no. A nerve cell is just so long, it ends, then another, separate cell starts. There is a gap in between called a synaptic cleft. I know you were on the edge of your seats waiting for me to say that. Okay...synaptic cleft, synaptic cleft, synaptic cleft...that should hold you over until my next VERY interesting factoid. So...a nerve impulse (which involves Ca+ gates and such, really boring, I'll spare you) travels down a nerve cell till it gets to the end...WAIT!! There is literally a space that has to be bridged. How will this nerve impulse "jump the shark??" Neurotransmitters that's how. OBVIOUSLY. Welcome the hero of our little story, acetylcholine. My brain remembered ALL of this which in and of itself proves our God is amazing!! But I digress... When the nerve impulse reaches the end of the nerve cell, our bodies are so amazing that acetylcholine is released and literally ferries the nerve impulse to the awaiting nerve cell. And so on and so on until the nerve impulse reaches the appropriate receptor site (the brain, muscles, etc.) Pretty unbelievably cool, right??


The body just works how it was designed...Now back to the question. You thought I forgot because I saw something shiny, didn't you?? Well I DIDN'T!! We were designed to depend on God. He is sufficient, He will provide according to HIS riches in glory. Nerve impulses don't worry whether that neurotransmitter will be released. Nerves take care of the business of nerves. We can take a lesson. Release our grip, that is OUR business. God's business is to sustain us. He will. He promises!!! I think we just try to step in and out think God. Guess what? We can't 'cuz...well...HE'S GOD!!!


Here is your verse for the day. Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us." Far more than we can ask or think. That's a lot.


Just let go. When you see that synaptic cleft. The cross takes you to the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment