Thursday, November 4, 2010

Randomness and Grace

Alright people. I started writing about grace. Which led me to worship and my gratitude for being saved from the wrath that I deserve as a sin-filled person. Then I remembered a question that I posed on my facebook page. Just in case you missed that brilliance: "Would you rather have a ketchup-dispensing navel or a pencil sharpening nostril?" Seriously. What kind of brain could in one second ponder God's wrath on sin and in the next, make a legitimate case for why it would be beneficial to have ketchuppy goodness dispensing at will from my belly button. Now I'm off to the next hair brained train of thought....

Here is my verse for the day, "For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. (This is the point where I say a hearty "AMEN") But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Anybody feel foolish? God chose you. Anybody feel weak? God chooses to use His power mightily in you. Have you ever felt low?? or despised in the world?? Jesus Christ was despised more than all of us....and he was blameless. He understands how it feels to take the blame for something that was not His fault. I'm not going to go into some rant about not having to be perfect and God accepting you for what you are. I'm gonna go here instead...

Grace. Pure undeserved grace. You know what the truth about me is?? As weak, and low and wretched as I am...I'm so much worse than I even know. Grace protects me from seeing the full heinous, ugliness of my sin, of your sin. We couldn't stand the shame of knowing the fullness of it. Amazing, beautiful grace. When I am standing in front of Jesus in all His glory, one of the reasons I will sing praises to Him forever is because then I will know. I will see His holiness and I will know what Christ spared me from. I'll know what my fate would have been had He not chosen the weak and imperfect.

I'll probably even forget all about the regret I have for not choosing the pencil sharpening nostril.

No comments:

Post a Comment